Check balances, make a contribution or distribution, manage investment options, and access your benefit accounts with the Consumer Portal and FAB Health mobile app.
Maximize your healthcare purchasing power and savings potential
Given the high cost of healthcare, many people with a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) establish a Health Savings Account (HSA) to pay for qualified medical expenses. Your HSA will provide you with control, tax savings, and flexibility as a wealth-building tool.
- Open your account with as little as $0
- Investment options1
- Free eStatements2
- Earns competitive interest rates
- Free prepaid Mastercard® debit card to pay medical providers
- Free online account access and mobile app, called FAB Health
- FDIC insured checking account
Call our Health Account Consumer Services team at (866) 449-1150, Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. CT, excluding holidays.
For information on offering tax-advantaged benefit accounts to your employees, call us at (847) 586-2239 to speak with a Health Account Services sales specialist.
|Easy way to pay||The Health Account Services prepaid Mastercard® debit card comes with the added security of chip technology. Use your Health Account Services prepaid debit card to pay for doctor visits, trips to the pharmacy or for qualified healthcare expenses when shopping online. For a list of qualified medical expenses, visit IRS Publication 502.|
|Investment options||Make the most of your account over the long term by investing in a select menu of low cost, competitive mutual funds. How it works: Once you reach the target cash balance of $1,000 in the checking account portion of your HSA, you can then perform an account sweep and move any additional funds into an array of investment options made available to you.|
|Consumer Portal||24/7 online account access makes it easy to submit claims, access HSA investment details, view account summary reports and tax documents, and monitor your accounts.|
|Virtual organization||Consolidate all out-of-pocket expenses that are available via online or mobile expense/receipt “virtual shoebox” entries, view claims that have been filed, and debit card transactions and distributions initiated through the Consumer Portal attributable to qualified health expenses.|
|Mobile App||Submit claims, view HSA investment details, use the Eligible Expense Scanner to scan a product barcode to determine if the purchase is a qualified medical expense, check your balances and monitor your account all from your iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad), or Android-powered devices. Download the FAB Health mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play today.|
|Help when you need it||Our dedicated Health Account Consumer Services team is available to assist you with any questions. Call us at (866) 449-1150 Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. CT, excluding holidays.|
|Minimum Deductible||2020: $1,400
|Maximum Out-of-Pocket||2020: $6,900
|Contribution Limit||2020: $3,550
|Catch-up Contribution (55 or older)||2020/21:
1Prior to the end of each calendar quarter, we deduct a custodial management fee from your Investment Account in an amount of (.075%) per quarter or equal to an annual fee of (0.30%) on balances invested in mutual funds in your Investment Account. Investors should carefully read the Fund prospectus, which includes information on the Fund's investment objectives, risk, as well as charges and expenses along with other information before investing or sending money. Funds in the investment portion of your HSA account are Not FDIC insured, May Lose Value and are Not Bank Guaranteed. Neither Continental National Bank nor its subsidiaries (collectively "Continental National Bank") are registered investment advisors nor is Continental National Bank acting in the capacity of a registered investment advisor with respect to the offering of HSA investment options. Participation in the investment options is voluntary. Under no circumstances is Continental National Bank offering any of the HSA investment options and Continental National Bank makes no representations with respect to the investment options offered. Continental National Bank disclaims any and all liability, contingent or otherwise, for the performance of the investment options. Please see your financial advisor for personal investment advice.
2$3.95 monthly fee will be charged if the customer receives paper statements.
HSAs provide triple-tax advantages: contributions, investment earnings, and qualified distributions all are exempt from federal income tax, FICA (Social Security and Medicare) tax and state income taxes (for most states).
Unused HSA dollars roll over from year-to-year, making HSAs a convenient and easy way to save and invest for future medical expenses. You own your HSA at all times and can take it with you when you change medical plans, change jobs or retire.
Funds in the account not needed for near-term expenses may be able to be invested, providing the opportunity for funds to grow. Refer to the Consumer Portal to find out your investment options.
To be eligible to set up an HSA and to make contributions, you must be covered by a qualified high-deductible health plan, or HDHP.
- To be eligible to contribute to an HSA, you must be covered by a qualified HDHP and have no other first dollar coverage (insurance that provides payment for the full loss up to the insured amount with no deductibles).
- You may use your HSA to help pay for medical expenses covered under a HDHP, as well as for other common qualified medical expenses.
- Unused HSA funds remain in your account for later, and may be able to be invested in a choice of investment options, providing the opportunity for funds to grow.
The insurance company pays covered medical expenses above your deductible, except for any coinsurance; you can pay coinsurance costs with tax-free money from your HSA. In addition, you can use your HSA tax-free dollars to pay for qualified medical expenses not covered by the HDHP, such as dental, vision and alternative medicines.
Tax-free contributions to your HSA can be made in a variety of ways, including:
- Pre-tax payroll contributions, if available through your employer.
- Online transfers — transfer funds directly to your HSA from your linked personal savings or checking account
- Send a check to Continental National Bank Health Account Services for deposit into your HSA.
- Rolling over or making a transfer from an existing IRA (Individual Retirement Account) to an HSA, but only once in your lifetime.
Distributions from your HSA are used to pay for qualified medical expenses. This can be done by the following methods:
- Paying for purchases and medical services using your Continental National Bank Health Account Services prepaid Mastercard® debit card.
- Using online bill pay through your online Consumer Portal.
- Requesting self-reimbursement through the Consumer Portal when you have already paid out-of-pocket for qualified expenses.
- Paying with an HSA check (fees may apply).
Your HSA allows you to save pre-tax income that you can use to pay for qualified short- and long-term medical expenses. It complements your HDHP, giving you an additional method to save specifically for healthcare costs.
- HSA accountholders can choose to save up to $3,550 for an individual and $7,100 for a family (HSA holders 55 and older get to save an extra $1,000 - and these contributions are 100% tax deductible from gross income.
- Minimum annual deductibles are $1,400 for self-only coverage or $2,800 for family coverage.